Thursday 28 October 2010

Assignment One - Second Drawing

Second Drawing








For this drawing I chose some kitchen objects, I wanted to include the tiles on my counter tops as these are quite reflective and give off interesting shapes. This was difficult though as I had to do the preliminary sketches standing up and the lighting isn't very good in my kitchen. However, I perservered and am quite pleased with the final results. I think the composition works well and the objects fill the page well. I decided to use pastel pencils for this, which I wish I hadn't used. It was difficult to use cros hatching and the paper I was using wasn't right for pastels, I ended up nearly rubbing away parts of the paper. I'm not happy with the way I did the shadows in front of the kettle either, it just looks like a big black patch, I wish I had used a darker shade of blue. I think I made a good selection of objects, its not too busy, but i did find it hard doing the spoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment