Thursday 28 October 2010

Still Life

Exercise: Still life sketches of made objects






Check & Log

I found it easier to suggest three dimensions on man-made objects rather than natural. I found it easier to suggest form and volume with the contents of my handbag, this may have been down to the shapes of the objects. The composition seems more rigid and I was able to create a sense of solidity within the objects by using different mark making techniques to build up shades.
Changing the arrangement of the composition did make a difference to the way I approached the drawing, once  I was happy with the compositon and felt the objects were balanced.
A number of factors helped me to decide how to position myself in relation to the objects. These included lighting, availability of space and how comfortable I was when drawing.














No comments:

Post a Comment