Thursday 28 October 2010

Assignment One

Natural Forms


Preliminary Sketch





For the first drawing I chose to use various vegetables which I thought had interesting shapes, patterns and texture. I tried a number of compositions and did find it difficult fitting all the vegetables on the A2 paper. This was mainly down to the fact that I wanted to include 3 sweetcorns, one closed, one partly peeled and one completely peeled. I wanted to do this to show the various textures of the cob, but found it hard fitting them in. There seemed to be a lot of negetive space around the bottom third of the sketch, so I decided to add an extra onion, which helped balance the composition a little but there is still a lot of space on the bottom right side.  I found the drawing ok, but found hatching and mark making slightly difficult with the coloured pencils. If I were to do this again I would try using an A1 piece of paper to improve the composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment